About UGC NET
The National Educational testing bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research. The test is conducted in Humanities (Including languages), social sciences, forensic science, Environmental sciences, Computer science and Applications and Electronic sciences.
The council of scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts the UGC-CSIR NET for other science subjects ,namely Life Sciences, Physical sciences , Chemical Sciences ,Mathematical sciences and Earth Atmospheric Ocean and planetary sciences jointly with the UGC. The tests are conducted twice in a year generally in the month of June and December .For candidates who desire to pursue research, the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is available for five years subject to fulfillment of certain conditions. UGC has allocated a number of fellowship to the test for JRF. The JRFs Are awarded to the meritorious candidates from among the candidates qualifying for eligibility for lectureship in the NET.
The test for junior research Fellowship is being conducted since 1984.The Government of India, through its notification dated 22nd July 1988 entrusted the task of conducting the eligibility test for lectureship to UGC. Consequently UGC conducted the first National Eligibility Test, Common to both eligibility for Lectureship and Junior Research fellowship in two parts that is in December and in March .We provide UGC-NET coaching in following domains.
- Computer Science
UGC NET Exam
UGC Conducts NET EXAM twice in a year, i.e. in the month of June and December .The notifications announcing the June and December examinations are published in the months of March and September respectively.
Conditions Of Eligibility
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities /Institutions recognized by U.G.C in Humanities (including languages) and social science, computer science & applications, Electronic science etc. are eligible for this test. The other Backward classes (OBC)belonging to non-creamy layer /scheduled caste (SC)/Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post –graduation only. The candidates whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item no:9, may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (Final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Assistant Professor eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks.Su7ch candidates must complete their P.G Degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST /PWD category are required to submit attested copy of the category certificate along with online printout of their application forms. Other candidates are not required to submit any certificates /documents in support of their eligibility along with printout of their Application form. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the commission at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/Certificate awarded by Indian University /Institute or foreign degree/diploma certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should be in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma /degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
UGC-NET @ Reliant Academy
- Expert & Experience Faculties.
- Mock Test.
- Flexible Batches(Morning/evening/Weekend batches)
- Focus on personality development & Soft skill.
- Air Conditioned rooms with Wi-Fi Facility.
- Online Study Material & Exams.
- G.D, Seminar, Creative & Analytical Thinking Workshops.