The Government have decided to conduct the State Eligibility Test for the candidates to be selected as Higher Secondary School Teachers & Non – Vocational teachers in V.H.S.E. SET qualifications is stipulated as a mandatory requirement for appointment as Higher Secondary School teachers in the state. A proposal was put forward for constituting the North East State Level Eligibility Test (NESLET) on 26/6/2000 to conduct such a test for the aspirant candidates of the North East Region. It was subsequently constituted as SLET Commission Assam (NE Region). The name of the Test has again been modified as SET (STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST).
Eligibility for SET Exam
- Any person who obtained Master Degree with at least 55% marks is eligible to attend the SET. However in the case of SC/ST candidate the minimum requirement of mark is 50% on the subject he/she is able to appear. Those candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks in case of General candidates (or 49.99% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) in Master Degree examination are not eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the final (or 4th Semester) of their Master Degree Examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examination has been delayed, may also apply and appear at this Test. However such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of eligibility certificate only after they have passed the Master’s Degree examination or equivalent with the required percentage of marks. Such candidates must obtain the P.G. Degree within two years from the date of holding the concerned SET with required percentage of marks failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subject in SET EXAM may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates who qualify in the Test are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer within the jurisdiction of the Member-States of this SLET Commission. They will be given a pass-certificate and the validity period of certificate is forever.
Nature Of Question Papers
The SET will be conducted in objective mode from 2012 onwards. The test will consist of three papers.
1. General Aptitude of the candidates, there will be one common paper (Paper-I) for all and it will contain 60 questions of 2 marks each, and the candidates will have to answer 50 questions only.
2. The Second and Third paper will be on the subject concerned. The second paper will have 50 compulsory questions of 2 marks each. For Third paper, there will be 75 compulsory questions of 2 marks each In all the papers, there will be four types of questions
- Usual multiple choice
- Assertion and Reasoning
- True and False
Age Limit & Number Of Chances
- There is no upper age limit candidates are eligible only after their Master Degree achievement.
- A candidate can avail any number of chances.
SET Coaching @ Reliant Academy
- We provide Excellent Set Coaching for Physical Science, Mathematical Science, Chemical Science, Commerce, and Economics.
- Online study Materials & Exams.
- Weekly Exams.
- Highly Experience Faculties.
- Personality development.
- Air-conditioned rooms with Wi-Fi facilities.