CSIR-NET Exam is mandatory for candidates aspiring to teach in various degree colleges/universities in all over India. CSIR-UGC conducts JRF/NET exam twice a year in the month of June and December. The exam will be conducted in different subjects as follows.
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
Conditions of eligibility for CSIR-JRF(NET)
- BS-4 years program/BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc. or Equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for General.
- OBC (50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually handicapped candidates) Candidate enrolled for M.Sc. or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
- B.Sc. or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in integrated MS-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks for General & OBC candidates; 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree, whether Science, engineering or any other discipline, will be eligible for fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for Ph.d /integrated Ph.D. programme within the validity period of two years.
- For JRF (NET): Maximum 28 years (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (As per GOI central list), Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants.
- For Lectureship (NET): No upper age limit.